Indian Army has invited applications from eligible unmarried male and unmarried female engineering graduates and also from widows of Defence personnel who died in harness for the Short Service Commission in the Indian Army. Interested candidates can apply before 27 October 2021. The course will commence in April 2022 at the Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. More information about the notification is given in the link – https://joinindianarmy.nic.in/writereaddata/Portal/NotificationPDF/SSC_TECH__58.pdf
Table of Contents
|Name of Posts
|Technical and Non-Technical
|Mode Of Application
|Online application starts on
|28 September 2021
|Last Date to apply online
|27 October 2021
Eligibility criteria to apply for the post of SSC Technical and Non-Technical posts
The interested candidate must be a citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal, or a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia and Vietnam who want to permanently settle in India,
A certificate of eligibility will not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha
subjects of Nepal.
- The age limit for the men and women for technical posts is 20 to 27 years as on 1 april 2022.
- The age limit for widows of defence personnel for technican and non technical posts is 35 years as on 01 april 2022.
Candidates who have passed the Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering Degree are eligible to apply for the posts. Candidates studying in the final year of Engineering degree should submit proof of passing Engineering Degree Examination along with mark sheets of all the semesters by 01 Apr 2022 and submit the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of the training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Candidates in the final semester of the Engineering degree course should not have any backlog at the time of submission of application. Any candidate found to have a backlog will not be allowed to appear in the SSB interview.
Educational Qualification of widows of defence personnel
|SSC Technical post
|Graduation in any discipline
|SSC Non-Technical post
|B.E/B.Tech in any Engineering stream
SSC Technical post for men
|Engineering Streams(listed in AI)
|Electrical/Electrical and Electronics
|Computer Science &Engineering/Computer Technology/M.Sc in computer science
|Electronics & Telecommunication
|Electronics & Communication
|Micro Electronics & Microwave
|Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrumentation
|Metallurgical/Metallurgy & Explosive
SSC Technical post for women
|Civil/Building construction Technology
|Electrical/Electrical & Electronics
|Computer Science & Engineering/
Computer Technology/M. Sc. Computer Science
Selected candidates will be trained at The Officers Training Academy, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit (engineering stream-wise) up to
the number of vacancies available. The Duration of Training is 49 weeks.
Training at OTA is at Government expense. All candidates who successfully complete the training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded ‘Post
Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies’ by University of
|Pay in ₹
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale
|Lieutenant General HAG +Scale
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lieutenant General (NFSG)
Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training
Stipend to the selected candidates during the entire duration of training in Service academy at OTA will be ₹ 56,100/- Per month.
- One copy of the Print out of application signed with self attested photograph.
- Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination Certificate and Marksheet issued by the Concerned Board of Education
- Engineering Degree certificate issued by the university.
- Marksheets of all semesters (Candidates having backlog at the time of submission of application are not eligible to apply).
- Certificate issued by the Controller of Examination/Registrar from the University
- A certificate issued by the Controller of Exam/Registrar/Dean of the University or Principal of the College regarding percentage of marks upto 6th semester of Engg degree, upto 8th semester of B.Architecture (B.Arch) and upto 2nd semester/1st year of M.Sc. in notified stream as per Rules of the University (for final year appearing candidates).
- All certificates in original to be carried by the candidates for SSB interview for verification.
- Shortlisting of applications
- Stage I and Stage II selection
How to Apply
- Applications will only be accepted online on the website – www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ button and then click on ‘Registration’ .
- Fill in the online registration form after reading the instructions very carefully.
- After you get registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ button.
- A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open.
- Then click on ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission Technical Course.
- A page called ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill in the details as required under various lists like Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
- ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your
information’ wherein you can check and edit the changes.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- The candidates are supposed to take out two copies of their application containing Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day that is on 27 october 2021.