Home is the basic and essential need of every human being. So, to provide the needy with a home, the Government of India had launched a scheme in the year 2015 named Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. Continue reading the article to know more about this PMAY scheme.
What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)?
It is a housing scheme launched by our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, in 2015. In this scheme, home is provided to the needy and poor people in rural and urban areas. The main objective of this scheme is to build 2 Crore cement houses by March 2022 for sustainable living and with all the basic amenities.
Every year the government of India releases the list of people who can avail this scheme. All the eligible candidates who have applied for this scheme can check their names in the list published on the official PMAY website and avail the benefits. 2 different lists are published—one for the rural people and the other for the urban people. Let’s have a look at how to check the PMAY List in detail.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme
Here are some of the features and benefits of the PMAY scheme
- Slum Rehabilitation – Slums from all the areas will be redeveloped into cement houses
- Housing facility for all – Home will be provided to the needy people of both rural and urban areas
- Affordable housing facility – The home loan can be easily affordable by people with less annual incomes.
- Homes are provided at subsidized interest rate – This scheme offers interest rates that are very less compared to other schemes.
- Benefits for women and minorities: Homeownership must be registered in a women’s name even if she is not buying with her money.
- Eco-friendly homes: The materials used while building the homes under this scheme are not much harmful to the environment.
Eligibility Criteria for PMAY Beneficiaries
- Women (All Castes).
- People from Scheduled Caste & Schedules Tribes.
- You should be between 21 – 55 years.
- The applicant shouldn’t have owned a house.
- The applicant shouldn’t have availed the benefits of this scheme earlier.
- The applicant should have an Aadhar Card.
Income Criteria For PMAY Beneficiaries
Housing loans are given to people based on their annual income category. So, if you don’t know which category you are in, then the below section can help you out with it.
- Economic Weaker Section (EWS) – People whose income is less than Rs 3 Lakhs fall under this category and can avail the loan under PMAY.
- Low Income Group (LIG) – All the people whose income is between Rs 3 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs fall under this category and can avail the home loan under PMAY.
- Middle Income Group (MIG) – People who earn between Rs 6 Lakhs to 18 Lakhs fall under this category and can avail the housing loan under PMAY.
How Much Loan Amount Is Allocated To The Applicants Of The PMAY Scheme?
The applicants of the PMAY Scheme are allotted the loan amount based on their annual income.
- The applicants whose annual income is upto Rs 3 Lakhs are allotted loan amount of Rs 6 Lakhs at an interest rate of 6.50% P.A(Per Annum)
- The applicants whose annual income is between Rs 3 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs are allotted loan amount of Rs 6 Lakhs at an interest rate of 6.50% P.A(Per Annum)
- The applicants whose annual income is between Rs 6 Lakhs to 12 Lakhs are allotted loan amount of Rs 9 Lakhs at an interest rate of 4% P.A(Per Annum)
- The applicants whose annual income is between Rs 12 Lakhs to 18 Lakhs are allotted loan amount of Rs 12 Lakhs at an interest rate of 3% P.A(Per Annum)
Documents Needed For PMAY Scheme
Documents play a major role as legal proof while applying for any scheme. Here are the documents that are required to be submitted for the PMAY scheme.
- Identity proof: Pan card, Passport, Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, etc.
- Address proof: Anyone approved address proof like Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, Ration card, Passport, utility bill, etc.
- Income proof: Salary slip/Form 16 for salaried employees, financial documents for self-employed, and bank account statement, ITR files of previous years for both.
- Property documents: Copy of allotment letter, selling agreement, developer payment receipt, etc.
Apart from these, the self-employed applicants also need to submit the following documents for PMAY subsidy.
- Proof of business’s existence and address and MOA, if applicable, etc.
Which states are eligible for PMAY
The government of India has announced few states whose residents can apply for the PMAY scheme.
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Jammu & Kashmir
How To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
To avail of this housing scheme, one must initially apply for it. Here are the steps which you can follow to apply for PMAY Scheme.
- Login to the official PMAY website https://pmaymis.gov.in/
- Go to the citizen assessment tab and select the ‘Apply Online’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Aadhar card number and click on the Submit button. The site will check whether the Aadhar number is correct or not.
- If the Aadhar number is valid, then you will be redirected to another page where you need to fill in the information like your name, income, number of family members, contact number, residential address, religion, caste, etc.
- Once all the information is filled in, enter the captcha code and click on the Submit button.
Suppose you have successfully applied for the PMAY scheme, and in case if you want to change any information, then you can easily do it by logging in to the website with your Aadhar number.
How is the PMAY’s beneficiaries list prepared
As many people apply for this PMAY Housing scheme, the government has to select the beneficiaries who need this scheme’s benefit. The list is prepared with the help of the Socio-Economic Class Census (SECC) of 2011.
How to check your name in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List 2021-22
As mentioned earlier, the PMAY has two lists, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana for Urban and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana for Rural or Gramin. Though both lists are checked on the PMAY website, the procedure to check both lists is different. So let’s see how you can check your name in the PMAY list.
How To Check PMAY Gramin List 2021-22
- Go to https://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/home.aspx
- Click on the ‘Stakeholder’ option in the menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, select the ‘IAY/PMAYG Beneficiary’ option .
- Enter the enrollment number and click on the Search button to view the PMAY Gramin list. Or else, if you don’t have the enrollment number, then click on the ‘Advanced Search’ button and fill in the details like name, BPL number, Sanction Order, etc. and click on the ‘Submit’ button to view the list.
How To Check PMAY Urban List 2021-22
- Visit the official website https://pmaymis.gov.in/
- Click on the ‘Search Beneficiary’ tab and select the ‘Search by Name’ option.
- Enter your Aadhar card number and click on the ‘Show’ button to get the list.
- All the results will be displayed on the screen. So, now you can search your name there in the list.
How To Check The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List On the Mobile App
- Download the PMAY App available on the PlayStore and Apple Store. Different apps are available for the Rural and Urban PMAY scheme.
- Grant all the permissions the app needs to be functional.
- You can register yourself on the app with the help of a mobile number, and also, you can view the list by logging in as a Guest.
- After you log in to the app, enter the location details like the state, district, block, Gram panchayat etc.
- After filling in the details, you can check which officer you have to contact as per your Panchayat.
- To check the PMAY list, click on statistics and all information related to the list will be displayed.
- You can also check how many people have got the house till today and how many people the government has sent the money to.
How To Check Your Application Status In Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
If you have applied for the PMAY scheme and want to check your application status, then follow the below steps.
- Visit the official website of PMAY https://pmaymis.gov.in/
- On the menu bar, click on the ‘Citizen Assessment’ tab. Then from the drop-down menu, select the option ‘Track Your Assessment Status.’
- Now, you will be redirected to another page named ‘Track Application Status.’
- Choose one of the below options:
- Option A: By Name, Father’s Name & Contact Number. If you select this option, you need to choose the city, state, district from the drop-down menu, along with your name, Father’s name and contact. Then click on the ‘Submit’ button to view your application status.
- Option B: Assessment ID. If you select this option, you have to enter the assessment ID provided at the time of application and the contact number. After entering these details, click on the ‘Submit’ button to view the application status.
PMAY Urban Stats 2021
- 113.56 Lakhs Houses Sanctioned
- 87.95 Lakhs Houses Grounded
- 50.83 Lakhs Houses Completed
- ₹1.85 Lakh Cr. Central Assistance Commited
- ₹112898 Cr. Central Assistance Released
- ₹7.5 Lakh Cr. Total Investment
PMAY Rural Stats 2021
- 2,17,01,892 Houses registered
- 2,01,87,116 MoRD target
- 2,05,44,724 Houses Sanctioned
- 1,59,89,215 Houses Completed
- 2,16,990.45 Cr. Fund Transferred
FAQs on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
1) Can an application be made to repair the house under the PMAY scheme?
Yes, you can apply for home repairing under this scheme only if you live below the poverty line.
2)Can the benefits of PMAY be taken without Aadhar Card?
No, the online PMAY form requires an Aadhar number to log in to the system and proceed with the application.
3)Is there any income criteria to apply for the PMAY scheme?
Yes, there are income criteria for those who wish to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme. The three income categories are Economic Weaker Section (EWS), Low Income Group (LIG) and Middle Income Group (MIG).
4)How can you apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
You can apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in two ways. First by applying online through the official PMAY website and second by visiting the government center. If you have any queries related to the application process, you can contact the government officials to resolve it.
Visit the link https://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/ContactFilled.aspx to get in touch with the officials who are involved in the PMAY scheme. The contact details are divided as per the state, districts, and blocks to contact them quickly.
5)Can a person apply twice for the PMAY scheme?
No, you can apply only once to this PMAY housing scheme. The government takes your Aadhar number during registration, and if they feel that you are defrauding them, then you might have to face penalties and imprisonment.
6)What is the last date to apply for the PMAY scheme?
The last date to apply for this scheme is 31st March 2022.
These days, buying a house is very difficult due to the rising infrastructure costs. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is one of the affordable housing schemes that anyone can avail even if they are not financially strong.
I hope this article has given you a clear idea about the PMAY Scheme and how you can apply for it and check your application status quickly.
If you know any other information related to this scheme that is helpful for the readers, then do share it in the comment section below.