Indian Coast Guard recruitment 2022 | Indian Coast Guard jobs 2022 | Indian Coast Guard Chennai jobs 2022 | Indian Coast Guard Visakhapatnam jobs 2022 | Indian Coast Guard Puducherry jobs 2022
Indian Coast Guard invites applications from qualified Indian citizens for various civilian posts in its offices in the east coast guard region for direct recruitment. There are a total of 80 vacancies available for candidates to apply.
Indian Coast Guard recruitment 2022 Highlights
|Name of organization||Indian Coast Guard|
|No. of Posts||80|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Start date to apply||Date when the advertisement is published|
|End date to apply||30 days after advertisement publishing|
|Job Location||Chennai, Tuticorin, Visakhapatnam, Karaikal, Mandapam, Puducherry|
Indian Coast Guard recruitment 2022 Vacancy details
|Post||No. of vacancies||Pay level|
|Engine Driver||8||Rs. 25500 – 81100 + Pay Matrix Level 4|
|Sarang Lascar||3||Rs. 25500 – 81100 + Pay Matrix Level 4|
|Store Keeper Grade – II||4||Rs. 19900 – 63200 + Pay Matrix Level 2|
|Civilian Motor Transport Driver (Ordinary Grade) [MTD (OG)]||24||Rs. 19900 – 63200 + Pay Matrix Level 2|
|Fireman||6||Rs. 19900 – 63200 + Pay Matrix Level 2|
|ICE Fitter (Skilled)||6||Rs. 19900 – 63200 + Pay Matrix Level 2|
|Spray Painter||1||Rs. 19900 – 63200 + Pay Matrix Level 2|
|MT Fitter/ MT Tech/ MT Mech||6||Rs. 19900 – 63200 + Pay Matrix Level 2|
|Multitasking Staff (Mali)||3||Rs. 18000 – 56900 + Pay Matrix Level 1|
|Multitasking Staff (Peon)||10||Rs. 18000 – 56900 + Pay Matrix Level 1|
|Multitasking Staff (Daftry)||3||Rs. 18000 – 56900 + Pay Matrix Level 1|
|Multitasking Staff (Sweeper)||3||Rs. 18000 – 56900 + Pay Matrix Level 1|
|Sheet Metal Worker (Semi-Skilled)||1||Rs. 18000 – 56900 + Pay Matrix Level 1|
|Electrical Fitter (Semi-Skilled)||1||Rs. 18000 – 56900 + Pay Matrix Level 1|
|Laborer||1||Rs. 18000 – 56900 + Pay Matrix Level 1|
Note: Category-wise distribution details are given here.
Indian Coast Guard recruitment 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum qualification for every post except Store Keeper is that candidate should have at least completed Matriculation or Standard 10th.
- For Store Keeper post, minimum qualification is must have completed 12th Standard.
- Further details about higher educational qualification and desirable work experience are elaborated further here.
- Age Limit as on January 23rd 2022 is as follows:
- For Engine Driver and Sarang Lascar it is 18 to 30 years.
- For Store Keeper it is 18 to 25 years.
- For the rest of the posts it is 18 to 27 years old.
- Upper age relaxation is only applicable for reserved seats.
|Category||Age Limit relaxed by|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||3 years|
|Central Govt. Employees (regular service of 3 years or more on receipt of application)||Up to 40 years|
|Central Govt. Employees (regular service of 3 years or more on receipt of application) (SC/ST)||Up to 45 years|
How to Apply
- Applicants must fill in the applicants given in the prescribed Proforma in Annexure-I.
- The envelope containing the application must be superscripted as “Application for the post of ________” and must be sent through Ordinary Post. Educational and other documents are elaborated further must also be enclosed along with the application.
- Applications must be forwarded to the office of “The Commander, Coast Guard Region(East), Near Napier Bridge, Fort St. George (PO), Chennai – 600 009.”
Method of Selection
- Candidates will have to under a written test as well as skills assessment test.
- Written test will be conducted for Group ‘C’ and upgraded Group ‘C’ posts. Those passing the written test can move on to the skills test.
- Separate skills test will be carried out for each trade and will only be qualifying in nature. They will have no bearing on the actual merit.
Important documents to submit
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Educational Certificates: Relevant Mark-Sheets/ Degree Certificate
- Experience certificates
- Caste Certificate/OBC Certificate/EWS Certificate, if applicable. EWS certificate as per Annexure – II given here.
- Trade certificate as required
- Driving License for CMTD (OG) post for light and heavy vehicles.
- NOC for Government Employee working in Govt./ Quasi Govt. offices, Public Sector undertakings including Nationalized Banks and Financial Institutions.
For information on examination, any legal queries, or doubts, please refer to the original advertisement here.