To prevent fraudulent misuse of phone numbers registered with your Aadhar card, the Department of Telecommunications India has launched a web portal that allows you to check phone number status. The new portal is called TAF-COP Portal (The Telecom Analytics for Fraud management and Consumer Protection). Currently, this facility is available only to Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Consumers. This is very useful if you have lost your sim cards or check stolen sim card status and can take immediate action to report the same.
In recent years after the Aadhar implementation, the government of India has made it compulsory to link your Aadhar card when buying a new sim. But, do you know how to check the number of SIMs registered in your name or how to check on the Department of Telecommunication’s new web portal?
Below are the steps to find the list of SIMs or phone numbers registered and to report that you find fraudulent.
Table of Contents
Steps to list the phone numbers
- Visit the TAFCOP website.
- Enter your mobile number and click “Request OTP”.
- You will receive OTP to your mobile number and this OTP is valid for 10 minutes. Please make sure you do not share this OTP number with anyone.
- Enter the OTP and click on Submit.
- It will display the List of Mobile Numbers registered on your IDs.
How to report phone number
- If you feel that the number listed in the TAFCOP portal is not yours then click the checkbox next to that number and select “This is not my number” and click report button.
- If you are not using the number listed in the TAFCOP portal then select “not required” and click report button.
- Ticket ID Ref No will be sent to your mobile that you used while requesting your OTP and same can be used to track the status.
Frequently asked question
1) I am not a resident of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and can I check the phone numbers registered on my Aadhar card
As per the TAFCOP, it is currently available for Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Consumers and will be made available in the coming days.
2) My mobile is showing in the list and currently, I am using it. Should I select “Required”?
No action is required if the present number is showing and it is in use.