Goa Dayanand Social Security Scheme (DSSS) is one of the Governmental Scheme launched by the Government of Goa in 2002. Most of the Indian Governmental schemes are implemented to raise and uplift the citizens of India.
The main objective of Dayanand Social Security Scheme is to provide financial support to senior citizens of Goa. It also included AIDS patients, widows and disabled people.
This Schemealso tracks the payments made to beneficiaries. After the funds have been disbursed to the recipient through one of the banks according to the department’s guidelines, the bank account will be reconciled using the DSSS Software.
This article will give you complete details of the Dayanand Social Security Scheme.
Highlights of Dayanand Social Security Scheme
|Scheme Name||Goa Dayanand Social Security Scheme|
|Launched By||Government of Goa|
|Mode of Applying||Offline|
Benefits of Dayanand Social Security Scheme
- The Scheme provide financial support at the rate of RS. 2000/- per month to the following citizens:
- Senior citizens
- AIDS patient
- Handicapped adults.
- It provides RS. 2500/- per month to the disabled children with less than 90% disability.
- The Scheme provides RS. 3500/- per month to the people that have more than 90% disability.
Eligibility to apply for the Dayanand Social Security Scheme
- The beneficiary must submit a Life Certificate to the Directory of Social Affairs in April/May every year. The Bank Manager and Gazetted Officer of the State Government must issue the life certificate in the prescribed form.
- The beneficiary must have a bank account in a Co-operative Bank or a National Bank.
- If both the husband and wife are separated legally or get a divorce, they shall be counted as an individual member.
- The annual income of the beneficiary must be below the amount of annual financial support under the Scheme.
- The beneficiary can apply for the transfer of financial assistance to the spouse in case of the beneficiary’s death.
- Dayanand Social Security Scheme shall provide 50% of Financial Aid withdrawn by spouses to two children per child until they turn 21 years, in the event of the death of the member or spouse subject to a limit of Rs. 1000/- per child.
- For disabled and HIV positive children, financial aid is extended regardless of whether the parents take advantage of DSSS and Griha Aadhar.
- Disabled people who could avail DSSS benefits will continue even after the union with a disabled and DSSS beneficiary on the requirement that they haven’t had any gainful employment.
How to apply Dayanand Social Security Scheme online and offline
Applying online for the Dayanand Social security scheme is not mentioned clearly on the official website of the Government of Goa.
You can apply for Dayanand Social Security Scheme offline. The beneficiaries can apply by submitting all the necessary documents to the Director of Social Affairs. You can check the required documents lists mentioned below.
Documents required to apply for Dayanand Social Security Scheme
- Birth Certificate: A document issued by the Registry of Births and Deaths or the age indicated in the school records or any other legal documents that prove the evidence of age as required by the Government
- Income Certificate: Every applicant should submit their family’s income certificate issued by the authority.
- The Residence Certificate: The Residence Certificate is a 15 Years Residence Certificate issued by Mamlatdar of the Taluka or the Gazetted Officer in the prescribed format. Certifying that the applicant has been a resident of Goa for the past 15 years.
- Medical Certificate Medical Certificate: A Certificate in the pre-approved format given by the Medical Board in the case of disabled people.
- The death certificate and marriage certificates: The beneficiary must submit the legal divorce document if the couple gets a divorce or is separated legally. In the case of an unmarried woman of 50 years of age, applicants must make a self-declaration on the Rs. 20/- stamp paper, in the prescribed format, and be signed by a Gazetted Officer in the State Government.
- A certified copy of the:
- Ration Card.
- Aadhar Card of the applicant.
- Election Photo Identity Card
- The applicant is required to register with the payment of 200 rupees as Registration fees.
- Director – Directorate of Social Welfare: Shri Umeshchandra Joshi
- ADDRESS: Government of Goa, 18th June Road, Panji – Goa
- PHONE: +91 832 2232257, +91 832 2223784
- FAX: +91 832 2228172
- E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBLINK: http://socialwelfare.goa.gov.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: How does DSSS work in Social Welfare Department?
Answer: The system tracks the payments made to beneficiaries. After the funds are paid to the beneficiary by one of the banks, under the department’s regulations, the bank statement is reconciled with DSSS Software. The software is running effectively within the department of the social welfare department.
Question: How does the Sanction of the Financial Assistance work?
(a) The received applications are reviewed through the Directorate of Social Welfare, and the Sanctioning Committee will approve the applications.
(b) Sanctioning Committee shall comprise the following members.
- Chief Minister – Chairperson
- Minister for Social Welfare – Member
- Leader of Opposition – Member
- Director of Social Welfare – Member
Question: What is the mode of payments available in the Dayanand Social Service Scheme?
Answer: The financial assistance provided is approved by the authorities that sanction the beneficiaries must be deposited into the beneficiary’s Bank Account by the Director of Social Welfare every month.