To promote social welfare, the Government of TamilNadu– Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana MOU has taken an initiative to cover public/underprivileged citizens healthcare expenses. To cover the hospitalization expenses of the underprivileged people in Tamil Nadu, the Government of Tamil Nadu launched a scheme called Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme. This health insurance scheme is insured with United India Insurance. Every person in the state including migrant workers, orphans can get the benefits of this scheme under certain eligibility criteria. Tamil Nadu CMCHIS provides cashless and paperless treatments through insurance coverage thus reducing the financial burden incurred to the enrolled families.
Table of Contents
- Provides world class medical care to citizens of TamilNadu. About 1.57 crore families will benefit from this scheme.
- The program has paved the way for 1027 treatment modalities, 154 series of treatment modalities and 38 cognitive discovery modalities, including infant therapy.
- This program is designed to benefit all ages from infants to the elderly.
- Free medical treatment for specific ailments is provided at approved/Empanelled hospitals.
- Cashless and paperless treatment in hospitals through health insurance coverage up to Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
- This program provides not only medical treatments but also diagnostic tests and other treatments.
- Provides hief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Schem
TN Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme Updates 2021
- COVID Investigations like RT-PCR tests and treatment is covered under CMCHIS.
- Beneficiaries can now access everything regarding this scheme through their mobile device at ease https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.remedinet.tnbeneficiary
- Beneficiaries from all over Tamil Nadu can clarify their doubts regarding this scheme by visiting the Project Director every Monday at 3 PM, DMS, Teynampet, Chennai.
- Around 255 package prices were Re-Structured for various procedures respectively.
Who can avail TN Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme?
The eligibility criteria to avail CMCHIS are as follows:
- Any resident of Tamil Nadu can avail of this scheme. The name of the resident must be on the family card provided by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- The annual income of a member who is applying for this scheme should not exceed Rs. 72,000 per annum.
- The member must possess an Income Certificate issued by VAO or Revenue authorities. Along with this, a copy of the family card and a handwritten self-declaration of the family head are necessary.
- If a person is eligible for availing of this scheme, the person’s legal spouse, children, and dependent parents whose name is in the family card are also eligible to avail of this scheme.
- A Sri Lankan refugee is also eligible to avail of the scheme. The refugee must possess a citizenship certificate. In addition, they do not need any income proof.
- Migrants who are from other states are also eligible to get the benefits of CMCHIS. They have to submit a request letter along with a list of eligible members from the labor department. They should be in the state for more than six months as certified by appropriate authorities.
- Orphans living in any registered or unregistered charity are also eligible to get this card. Orphans include rescued girl children and anyone else the government considers an orphan.
Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme benefits
- The scheme aims to provide a hospitalization service without cash for specific illnesses and medical procedures. On a floater basis, the policy covers up to Rupees. 5 lakh per family each year under certain conditions. The CMCHISTN website has a list of procedures as well.
- The program’s coverage has been expanded to encompass 321 additional medical procedures. More than 1,100 therapeutic procedures will be covered under the plan, including congenital abnormalities.
- The government extended the contract for another four years.
- People who can’t afford certain medicinal procedures due to their economic backgrounds are highly benefited through this scheme.
Steps to enroll in TN Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme
- An eligible member should reach the district kiosk with the required documents and proofs.
- Documents and proofs include an original copy of the Ration card Xerox copy, a copy of the income certificate, and the self-declaration of the family head. The district kiosk operator will verify the documents the same.
- After successful verification, the demographic and biometric details of the member will be collected by the operator to enroll the member.
- Next, the photograph of the member will be captured. After completing these steps, an ecard will be generated and will be issued to the particular member.
You can download the enrollment form http://cmchistn.com/entrollement/EnrolmentForm.pdf
Then fill in form details
- Family head name
- Father/ Husband Name
- Ration Card Number, Shop Number
- AADHAAR Number
- Family Details
- Enrollment Reg. No
- And finally, confirmation from VAO.
Once you have Enrolled and approved, you can log in to the Enrollment Dashboard http://18.104.22.168:5000/login with your Username and Password.
Linking URN with Aadhaar
- The first step is to visit the official website of CMCHIS. Click on Enrollment -> LINK AADHAR TO URN.
- Enter the 22-digit URN.
- After entering the URN, a check box appears which must be clicked. This ensures the acceptance of entering the Aadhaar number.
- Then enter the Aadhaar number and mobile number. After entering, click submit. The user will receive an OTP on his/her registered mobile number. Enter the received OTP in the box provided.
- After entering, the user will receive a message which confirms that Aadhaar and URN are linked.
This screen will help you to check the remaining sum assured for the year and Policy members details.
- To perform a member search, click the following link http://www.cmchistn.com/memInstr.php
- Now click the ‘Click to go to the member search page’ button.
- A page appears where the user can enter the URN number, Ration card number, and other basic details. After entering the correct details, click the ‘Search’ button.
In this way, the member search operation can be performed and the policy details can be obtained.
On the other hand, get your member ID by entering your URN number or Ration Card Number at http://app.eaglesoftware.in:8084/CMCHIS/showsearchbyurn.do?method=showSearchByUrn.
Minimal Health Record
Minimal Health Record is a digital version of Person details that displays Patient Name, Date of Admission, Date of Discharge, Hospital Name, and Package Name. You can also have an option to download your report if needed.
Acquire your Health Report at http://claim.cmchistn.com/Payer/Discharge_Details.aspx by entering Smart Card URN and registered mobile number
Rates of Treatment package and Hospital List
Heart and lung transplants, bone marrow transport, radiation therapy, cochlear implants, and surgical oncology would be covered under the TamilNadu State Health Insurance Scheme. For surgical treatments, the coverage amount is enhanced from Rs. 1.5 lacs to Rs. 2.0 lacs, and then to Rs.5 lakhs.
For knowing the hospital list that comes under CMCHIS, the first step is to visit the official website. Now, click on the ‘Empanelment’ tab and click the Empaneled Hospital list. Then click on the EDC Hospital button. The list of hospitals now appears.
How to contact Helpline?
24-hour helpline support is available to support people regarding CMCHIS irrespective of time. The toll-free number to get helpline support is 1800 425 3993 or write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Is the Chief Medical Insurance Identity Card of the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Medical Insurance Scheme valid for one year only?
Ans: Under the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Medicare Scheme, a family is paid five Lakh rupees a year and the insurance plan card can be used depending on the remaining guaranteed amount.
What treatments are covered?
Ans: There are 38 types of treatment in this program. This is explained in detail on the Internet.
Example: ANGIOCARDIOGRAM, THYROID PROFILE, ECHO, MRI, USG, MRCP, CT, LFT, MAMMOGRAPHY, RFT, ETC. Check https://www.cmchistn.com/prate.php for the list of treatments covered.
What other treatments are available for advanced treatment?
Ans: Cardiac transplant surgery and lung transplant surgery.
What step has been taken to make a Medical Insurance Identity Card available to all under the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Medical Insurance Scheme?
Ans: Eligible members can obtain an Insurance Identity Card from the Insurance Card Issuance Center (District KIOSK) operating at the District Collector’s Office.
Whom I am supposed to contact In the case of admissions and enquiries?
Ans: Please check https://www.cmchistn.com/Laison.php for the CONTACT LIAISON OFFICER contact list and hospital.
Are private hospital expenses covered in CMCHISTN scheme?
Ans: Yes, You have to visit the private hospitals that are tied up in the CMCHISTN scheme. please check the “Empanelment” option on the https://www.cmchistn.com/ website