Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage Scheme 2021 | Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage Scheme |
Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage | Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage benifits | How to apply Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage scheme
The Delhi government has launched a scheme to provide financial support for the marriage of poor Widow’s daughters and orphan girls. We all are aware that low-income families can’t afford even the minimum expense of marriage. So for their help, the Delhi government has launched this scheme so that their marriage burden is lowered.
If you want to get detailed information about this scheme, read this blog and also for availing the benefit of this scheme you can visit its official website. http://www.wcddel.in/.
- The Delhi Government provides financial assistance of Rs 30,000 for the marriage of poor and orphan daughters.
- This financial help aims to provide expenses of the marriage of daughters who economically have weaker families, scheduled castes, minority people, and other backward class people who can’t afford even basic marriage expenses.
- Upto 2 daughters can avail this scheme.
Eligibility for Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage Scheme
For performing daughters’ marriage, financial help is given to the poor widows, divorced, separated, abandoned, and destitute women. Before applying,
- The candidate must be a resident of more than five years in Delhi.
- The candidate’s income is less than Rs 60,000 from all sources (including rent, dividend, interest on saving and investment, and earning from farming or selling property, etc.). The applicant was also given a self–declaration regarding their income in an appropriate column shown in the application form.
- The candidate must have Aadhaar number.
- For receiving the amount, the candidate should have a single–operated account in any bank in Delhi or the national capital territory of Delhi only.
- Financial help is provided only up to the marriage of two daughters only.
- The candidate must be 18 years old.
The Registration form must be collected at District Office and the forms have to be submitted along with supporting documents and the District officer will upload the form on the e-District Portal
If you want to go through the offline process in the Delhi Vidhwa daughter Marriage scheme, the steps are:
- Visit the near Citizen Service Centre (CSC).
- collect the Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage Scheme & Delhi Orphan Girl Marriage application form from the counter.
- Fill the application form.
- Submit all the required documents to the Data Entry Operator.
The Welfare officer will verify the documents and the Superilltendelfl / District Officer will approve and sanction the amount.
The applicants can apply on e-District Portal. Complete the registration process and log in and upload required documents. Please make sure you have an Aadhar card number used for verification.
How to Apply Online?
- Open e-District delhi
- Complete Citizen login form. Here It will ask you to select the Document Type. Select Aadhar or Voter Card ID
- Click Continue Button and enter the valid mobile number.
- After registration, the User Id and password will be sent to the mobile number provided. Please complete the registration process within 72 hours.
- Once registration is completed now login with User Id and password.
- Go to the online link of the portal “WOMEN AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT” and Click on the APPLY button of the scheme “Delhi Pension Scheme to Women in Distress”.
- Fill all the required informationa nd upload all the scanned documents asked by the portal(Note: The size of the document can be uploaded up to 200 KB.).
- Click “FINAL Submit” button. A OTP will be sent to your mobile number and verify the same.
- An application number will be shown to you. Copy the application number and download the application form for your future reference.
Track Application Status
- Login to e-District delhi
- Click on “Track your Application”.
- Enter your application number and applicant name.
List of Documents required for Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage
- For the Widow who wants to apply for a benefit under this scheme, her Aadhar card is compulsory, and for her daughter, the Aadhar card is optional.
- The orphan girl as applicant who wants to take benefit of this scheme her Aadhar card is compulsory.
- Recommendation letter from the MLSAof National capital territory of Delhi or MP of the applicants locality.
- Proof of residence is also mandatory. document must show that the applicant is living in Delhi from past five years. Any family member proof of home can be submitted (including children, unmarried or divorced or separated daughters, sisters, and parents solely dependent on the applicant.
- Below documents can be produced as Proof of residence
- Aadhar card
- Voter Id
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Birth certificate issued by MCD/ Registrar – Births & Deaths
- Death Certificate issued by MCD/ Registrar – Births & Deaths
- Any family member immunization card
- Insurance policy document
- Medical records in Delhi
- Water bill
- Electricity bill
- Telephone bill
- Bank passbook
- Gas connection receipt.
- Caste certificate issued in Delhi
- Service card of public and private company
- Property document that shows at least five years of residence in Delhi
- Below documents can be produced as Proof of residence
- Marriage invitation card must be produced
- The marriage photographs of the couple.
All the documents must be self-attested.
In case if no documents are available with the applicant to show proof of residence, any two of the following can be produces
The applicant may present any of the two witnesses from the following list in front of DWCDO/ any official deputed by the DWCDO for said purpose.
- General Secretary or president of RWA of the locality.
- Doctors/shopkeepers who are working in the locality.
- Two neighbours witnesses with their contact details.
How is the payment credited to applicant?
If the application is approved the amount is Rs. 30000/- in the form of an account payee cheque in the applicant’s name or through ECS is credited to the bank.
In case of any query, you can contact t the following persons:
Contact Persons: Deputy Director FAS, Department of Women and child development of NCT Delhi.
Address: 01 Canning lane, Pandit Ravi Shankar Shukla Lane, Delhi.
Contact No: 011 -23387715
For complaints: Contact Director, Department of Women and Child Development.
I am a widow, and I have three daughters. How many applications can I apply?
Currently only 2 daughters can opt this scheme.
I am a non-resident of Delhi, and can I apply for the Widow Daughter Marriage Assistance Scheme.
If you are staying in Delhi for more than 5 years then you can avail this scheme.
Can I track my application status from phone?
Yes, you can track application by SMA by sending EDISTDL <Space> <Application No> to 7738299899
Women in the nation who’ve already lost their husbands might not need to have concerns about the expenses in their daughter’s wedding ceremony if such schemes are in place. The scheme will advantage widowed women’s girls and orphaned girls. A festival of the union among souls should never be despised, and the Delhi authorities are sure that no wedding ceremony expenditures anticipate the celebrations in order with this scheme.
Also read – Delhi schemes
Also read – Central Government Schemes