Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme | Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme update 2021 | Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme Details | Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme Pension amount | Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme Eligibility | Telangana schemes
The Telangana Aasara pension scheme was launched by the Telangana government in 2014 for needy people who have lost their means of earning and for some certain communities. The result of the Samagra Kutumbi Survey which was held in the state of Telangana on 19 August 2014, the Government identified the suitable candidate for Aasara Pensions schemes. This scheme was introduced to support old people, widows, HIV patients, unhealthy people, toddy tappers, beedi workers, and the Goud community. The government assured the people to extend its benefits. This scheme aims to help the society who cannot earn and lead a good life for themselves. It provides the financial security to fulfill the daily needs of people for their happy life. Many people have taken the benefits of this scheme in Telangana.
Table of Contents
Aasara Pension Scheme Highlights
|Scheme Name||Telangana Aasara Pension|
|Launched By||Telangana Government|
|Launched Date||8th November 2014|
|Introduced By||Chief Minister of Telangana, Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao|
|Beneficiaries||Old-Age, Widow, Disabled, Weavers, Toddy Tappers, Persons with HIV-AIDS|
|Online Portal Website||https://www.aasara.telangana.gov.in|
|Goal||Provide financial support to Beneficiaries on a monthly basis|
Advantages Of Telangana Aasara Pension
The main advantage of the Telangana Aasara Pension scheme is to provide economic support to the Old Age, Widow, Disabled, Weavers, Toddy Tappers, people with HIV-AIDS.
In this era, if citizens are old or disabled, it is very difficult to survive, and this scheme fulfills the day-to-day needs so that they can lead a life ahead in a better way.
The main purpose of this scheme is to overcome the society from financial crisis to the people who do not have the resource of income. In our country, so many people cannot go to work due to sick health or old age or many more reasons. This scheme helps people to survive a better livelihood.
Telangana government finalized the different eligibility criteria for different types of beneficiaries under the Telangana Aasara Pension scheme, and every type of beneficiaries must be belonging to primitive and vulnerable Tribal Groups.
- The applicants age should be 65 years and above.
- The applicants must have birth certificate, electoral roll or Aadhar card where the government finds the age.
- If the above certificates are not available, then the applicant have three months’ time to submit these to government authorities.
- The age of the widow should be 18 years or above 18 years.
- Applicant must have a death certificate of her husband. (If not available at the time of filling the form, then the widow must have submitted the death certificate to the authority within the next three months.
- Village secretaries or applicable authorities must have verified that the applicant has not re-married
- The age of the applicant should be 50+ years.
- The Toddy Tappers applicant’s name should be registered in member of co-operative society of Toddy Tappers.
- The age of the weaver must be 50 or 50+ years.
- The applicant’s occupation should be in weaving whether it comes from rural or urban areas.
- Only one member of the family can take an advantage of Telangana Aasara Pension scheme. So, government has given the first preference to women.
- For this category, there is no age limit if a person is disabled.
- Disabled people must have SADAREM certificate and, according to the certificate, the applicant must be 40%+ degree of disability. (51% degree of disability in case of hearing impaired)
Persons with HIV-AIDS
- The person must be medicated by Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART).
- Applicant must have an HIV-AIDS positive medical certificate from the authorized hospital.
- Government can obtain a list of HIV-AIDS positive patients from the ART Centre duty certified by the authority heading the centre.
Who are not Eligible for Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme?
There are some ineligible conditions for social security pensions that come under the Telangana Aasara Pension scheme which is below.
- The applicant’s land should not be more than 3.0 acres.
- Applicant’s children who work in the government sector don’t apply, or they don’t take benefits of Telangana Aasara Pension scheme.
- The applicant or his/her children who are professionals, contractors, doctors, or self-business like (shop owners, rice mills, petrol pumps or oil mills) can’t apply.
- Those who are already receiving any type of pensions from the government are prohibited from this scheme.
How to Apply for Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme?
- The applicants have to reach Gram Panchayat Secretary / Village Revenue Officer in the rural area.
- The applications will be received and verified Gram Panchayat Secretary / Village Revenue Officer and Bill Collector: in Urban area.
- Mandal Parishad Development Officer / Municipal Commissioner/ Deputy / Zonal Commissioner Officer shall scrutinize the verified applications.
Under the Telangana Aasara Pension scheme, Telangana Government decides the below pension amount for the different beneficiaries on monthly basis.
|Beneficiary Category||Monthly Pension Amount|
|Old Age Pension||1000|
For taking the advantage of Telangana Aasara Pension scheme, each pensioner will have to require the documents given below to sanction the pension amount.
- Passport size photo
- Aadhar Card (If the Aadhar card is not present at the time of applying, then the pensioner needs to submit it within three months)
- Bank account number of the savings account of any bank with IFSC code (If bank details are not available, then share the post office details)
- Age certificate
- Death Certificate (In case of a widow, and if it’s not available at the time of applying, then the government will give three-month time to submit the government)
- SADAREM Certificate in the case of people with disabilities 40% or above and 51% in respect to the hearing impaired.
- Medical certificate from the concerned hospital (In case of a person with HIV-AIDS)
- Certificate of Registered member in the Co-Operative Society of Toddy Tappers. (In case of Toddy Tappers)
How to Search the Pensioner Details
With the go through the below step, we can find the pensioner details.
- Go to official website of Telangana Website – https://www.aasara.telangana.gov.in
- Click on Quick Search and then it will show Search Pensioner Details , click on that tab.
- Fill the Pension ID or if we don’t remember the Pension ID then we need to fill the District, Mandal, Panchayat name and pensioner Name.
Panchayat Secretary, The CEO, SERP, Telangana, Hyderabad, and all the District Collectors.
What is the minimum age for old age people who can take the benefits of this scheme?
The person must be a minimum of 65 years old.
When the pensioner will get the pension amount in her/his account?
The pension amount will be disbursed 1st to 7th of every month.
If the Aadhar card or death certificate is not available (in the case of a widow), then the same person can apply Telangana Aasara Pension scheme or not?
Yes, they can, but he/she has to submit the Aadhar card or death certificate within three months to the Telangana government
How are the Aasara Pension Scheme beneficiaries receive the pension?
Each pensioner shall have a bank account into which the amount shall be remitted. In rural areas, the pension is deposited in the local banks or the post office